Shower screen does not fit

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mcluskc, Aug 23, 2007.

1. mcluskc

mcluskc New Member

I fitted a 760x760 shower tray against new drywall, then had a tiler tile the walls. I then bought a 760x760 shower screen, but it's too big because of the tiles. I'm sure I read that the tiling should be completed before installing the screen/shower etc. Can anyone give me some advice?

2. tightenit

tightenit New Member

Generally speaking the tray lips under the tilework as you've described.The enclosure is fastened to the wall by two uprights, plum and level, and the screen(s)slide in and subsequently held with self tappers.Adjustment is normally by way of sliding the enclosures in or out of these wall mounted uprights. If you've got the screens firmly into the uprights and it's still too big then the tiles must be mightily thick (or heavy on adhesive to level the walls)or indeed the tray and enclosure sizes don't match. Hope this helps.

3. mcluskc

mcluskc New Member

Thanks for your advice. I think it's best that I re-site the tray, leaving a 10mm gap between the tray and wall.

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Try and swap the screen, look at it carefully - some adjust UP TO 760mm and some adjust DOWN TO 760mm , you need one that goes UP TO 760mm MAX.

5. Ion Transient

Ion Transient New Member

> Can anyone give me some advice?

yeah..you are an idiot

6. Tommy_Saxondale

Tommy_Saxondale New Member

mcluskc
    I understand your upset ..most tilers will say the tray is wrong sited before tiling down to it ...
    just resit the tray if way off altering the screen , an retile the lower tiles,

pay peanuts you get munkeys.. lol

7. newey

newey New Member

All the shower screens I've fitted say fit after tiling. Why, I don't know but they do. IMHO, I'd say it's better to tile after fitting but they say no. I know you can buy shower screens that are adjustable, from about 720mm to 780mm. I have just fitted two for a customer who got them from SF, however, I've just looked on-line and can't find them, my SF book is in the van and I can't be bothered to go outside in the rain to get it.

8. Tommy_Saxondale

Tommy_Saxondale New Member

an the point/ post was ??????

you use screwfix

Big Hand Clap for the SFD Maketing man here .. coughbetter shower elsewhere cough

9. boskoman1

boskoman1 New Member

ha ha, thats funny.

and the shower doors give atleast 50mm mishaps!!!!!!

hahahahhaha