Shower Tray Repair

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by BillyT, Apr 28, 2016.

1. BillyT

BillyT Member

I have a stone resin shower tray in a rental property which has been cracked by an object being dropped on it. Can anyone recommend a product to repair this?

2. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member

Yes. A new shower tray.

CGN likes this.
  3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

New tray ideally. You could try some alradite etc as a temporary repair but won't be pretty. Can you upload a photo?

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

5. BillyT

BillyT Member

A new tray would be my preference too but it would involve major work to tiling as it is built in to an alcove and I have a new tenant moving in on Saturday. Thanks for the reply's anyway guys and the link.

6. TheMorg

TheMorg Active Member

Would you attempt the repair in your own home, or fit a new tray?

Its the usual slumlord trying to do everything on the cheap/bodging. Hopefully the tenants will treat this house with the same regard you have given them.

seen it all before likes this.
  7. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

I for one would just replace it,but it all depends on the type of tenant you wish to attract,there are landlords who have decent properties and decent tenants,and there are landlords who have bad properties and bad tenants,then there are landlords who have a decent property but have it wrecked by tenants who have no respect.If the landlord is getting decent tenants then he should replace it,give the tenant a decent property and they will look after it,if the tenants are the type who don't care then personally I'd be looking for decent tenants.

CGN likes this.