SIEMENS SOUNDERS FAULT: Help!

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Melvin Rey, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Melvin Rey

Melvin Rey New Member

Hi there.

Its been a week since this Alarm Horn Fault (Sounder Fault) appeared in my Siemens FC10 alarm panel.

It appeared after I triggered the alarm through smoke tests just for inspection. After I resetted it, the this fault came. I tried to search for various ways how to troubleshoot this one until I reached to check the sounders itself.

Removed all the sounders from the terminating panel (I have 3 installed) and checked each terminals whether they are giving the correct voltage. All the 3 terminals rated 5Vdc. So I concluded its fine. Then I placed the sounders back, and checked the Vdc with it terminated to the panel. I found 2 sounders giving 5Vdc after I placed that back, and the other sounder was giving only 1Vdc. Thinking the sounder itself might be the problem, I interchanged the sounders one by one, but still that certain point was giving 1Vdc. I then went to my uncle's house because we have the same panel and set of sounders and checked the output of his, finding 1Vdc (sounder already terminated). In this case, can we say that the problem is the sounder?

How to fix this problem sir and what might be the cause? Help please. :(

2. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Do the sounders sound when tested?

Have you tested the wiring for a fault to earth?

What resistance do you get pos to neg with wiring removed from panel?

Is the fault constant? Does it move if you swap sounder circuits around in panel?

3. Melvin Rey

Melvin Rey New Member

Yes sir, the 3 sounders buzzed as i triggered the alarm tru smoke testers. Regarding the 2nd and 3rd question sir, how do i do that? Im very sorry sir because im a learning newbie of this field. The fault is intermittent sir, eventhough i swap sounders to other terminals, it remains as a fault. The blinking of the fault is somewhat slow, and an internal buzzer alarms.

4. Melvin Rey

Melvin Rey New Member

I have opened each sounders sir, there was no resistors connected. And i dont know where to measure the grounding... :(