Simple Under Cabinet GLOW?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by meowork, Dec 7, 2016.

1. meowork

meowork Member

Fitted new kitchen cabinets. Want to have a low light glow under them but nothing bright..Just to add a little splash as kitchen dull in a few places. Mains or battery under cabinet leds ive see seem a bit bright. Anyone know something not expensive and only small glow?. I know there are stick up lights but each needs battery ang guess batteries dont last long?. Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

2. Peterdevon

Peterdevon Screwfix Select

multi colour led strip set to a warm colour with a dimmable power supply

3. meowork

meowork Member

where could i get from?..thx

4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

5. meowork

meowork Member

Thanks for valued replies. I have location in different parts of kitchen and dining. Ideally would want 5 off at 1 metre length. If it keeps cost down then just blue colour leds. Suppose best also being each 1 metre strip with own plug. Suppose its too much to ask where they are usb powered and could slave each off a 3 pin plug thats got a usb slot also inbuilt?

6. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

upload_2016-12-7_20-26-28.png
    Something like this ? Strip LEDs fitted to top of plinth. No actual lights can be seen.

7. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

In lengths of 2M - 3M - 5M, LED Lamp Flexible Strip Light 60/M IP67 Waterproof Warm White.

From e bay.

I got 2 by 5mtr for £14.

8. meowork

meowork Member

theyre actually for the underside of wall cupboard and shelves above worktops

9. meowork

meowork Member

usb powered option?

10. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

These LED strips are commonly 12v, so they require a transformer(I.e they are not mains voltage) USB is 5v and there are certainly strips available in USB/5V variants.

11. meowork

meowork Member

USB 5v LED's might work. Anyone used them?

12. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Not for under cupboard lighting, but I have them behind my TV. They are very bright and you would not notice the difference between normal 12v ones and the USB ones.

koolpc likes this.
  13. Basil_125

Basil_125 New Member

I have the same as master diy but mine are under the wall cupboards and are fully dimmable ,and able to colour change ,flash ,fade in and out etc etc . When im able to shrink a pic to the right size i,ll show you ! Won,t let me upload at the moment .