Site level

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Apb2, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Apb2

Apb2 New Member

What is the best value site laser level for groundwork?

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

https://www.laser-level.co.uk/

Try this site...quite good for advice/sussing out what you need even if you don't choose to buy from them. For ground work, you ideally need a rotary laser with an additional audible receiver for the distances/visibility involved.

Jitender likes this.
  3. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

What exactly do you mean by laser level? Are you looking for a rotating laser level, a cheapo "wobbly cross" laser marker; what tolerance over what distance, etc,?

4. Apb2

Apb2 New Member

I need a rotary level,suitable for marking foundations,brickwork ect..I have an old cowley that is acurate but requires 2 people.

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Looking for one too.

Purchased a Bosch rotary laser GRL 300 HVG level in November , the supplier was unable to delivery it so had to be refunded :(

It was a set that include the tripod, receiver and staff and the wall mount. The new models come with a green laser beam, don't know if they are better

The red laser beams are on offer at £549, so there is nearly a £300 difference in price for the green one

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A green laser diode cost more to make,works on a different wavelength, but it will work at a longer range, plus our eyes are more sensitive to green lasers.
    Dewalt have a new range of Green lasers like the Dewalt DW088LG out, on other side of the pond, not here yet.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Paid £706 for the set, the supplier was unable to get it delivered, then waited about 2 months- seems there was a problem with the unit and difficulty getting it from Bosch.

Don't mind paying the same for something that can be used for both inside and outside projects.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Rather nice the Bosch GRL300HVG .

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Purchased as was quite cheap for the price, another seller is selling for £849 now.

They have reduce the red laser one, maybe getting rid of the red ones before they start selling the green one, may drop in price, will wait.

10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

SF are stocking more laser level now.

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got a lot of new lines this month.:)

Could suggest a few things to add, as could others on here.

Click Scolmore Flow Connectors.

http://www.scolmore.com/_pdfs/flow.pdf

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Bosch still aren't able to supply the GRL 300 HVG. Although it was advertised as new product on SF,they are also unable to supply?

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Just brought the Leica Roteo 35G laser level set, not happy with the quality of the item, will be sending it back. Tripod and staff look cheap and very similar to ones on ebay (the same) for cheaper levels. Especially when you are paying £900! for the set and was expecting it not to be made in China.

14. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

This is the same stand I was provided with the level. Although the red aluminum on the the tripod is black. With a very flimsy staff carry case. Not impressed Leica.

[​IMG]

CGN likes this.
  15. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

Looks identical to the set I got with my £90 dumpy level!

16. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I may as well buy a cheap level an staff, they're all made in China anyway.

I thought the tool place were sending out a cheaper stand and staff, as the level came seperatley. They eventually rang Leica who said they are the stands that they give out.

17. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Looking to get this model now.

It is available in the green beam version, awaiting to hear from Stanley UK to see if it is available. I think this will fit my needs better, and much cheaper than the Leica.

18. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Not exactly a site level but just bought a Dewalt dw088k cross line laser. A doddle to use straight out of the box and after checking its projection with my Stabila spirit level...I'm confident enough to put it straight to work :rolleyes:

I was sold on getting a green laser due to potential visibility issues, but for now, and since I'm generally working indoors, I think we're going to get on very well :) I can get a detector for about £90 if I decide to venture outside.

19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

When I visit the NEC next week, I'm hoping to see any products. I know Leica was there last year (who need telling off :rolleyes:)

I'm not after a site level now either on second thoughts, but a multi laser lever which can do 360 and cross line.

20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Already have a Bosch GLL3X Cross 3 Lines Laser, other day I got a demo on the Bosch GLL3-80P cross line level,rather good, but I don't really another level,but with difficulty I resisted the temptation to buy .:eek:

upload_2016-4-9_10-40-46.jpeg