sky hd help please

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by brian wilson, Feb 24, 2016.

1. brian wilson

brian wilson New Member

hi all
    need a little help please ,I have just signed up to sky (I know what am I doing ... are well there goes another wallet kicking doh! ) I have a hd box in the sitting room, the 64,000 dollar question is can I add an additional line to the lnb as it is multi port lnb , run the co axel to the bed room then when I go to bed unplug the box from sitting room and take it into the bed room and connect.
    will it work without being cut off by sky :)
    any tips and help would be great

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

3. brian wilson

brian wilson New Member

thanks for that , that seems a nice cheap easy fix , just don't really want to have to come back down stairs to switch off before going to sleep ,
    lazy or what! :D

4. Dicky C

Dicky C New Member

You can put the skybox into standby from the magic eye as well.
    No need to get out of bed

5. brian wilson

brian wilson New Member

this magic eye does seem like a good little trick , but I have managed to get my elecy bill down to £1 a day by not having stuff on stand by all night , ( I am that tight I squeak when I walk )
    just thought if I could add a second coax wire take hd box to bed then switch off and go to sleep

6. TimberTech

TimberTech Member

Dont know how true this is ,but i was told to never switch sky box of at wall ,just put it in stnadby

Andy

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

All I'm going to say is, if it was meant to be switched off, it would have an on/off switch. :)

8. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

I'm sure I've heard that the newer box's don't have an rf2 output, ie you can't use a magic eye, only what I've heard mind you, check the back of your box for rf2 out+9v.

9. Dicky C

Dicky C New Member

You can buy a small box from sky for £10 that plugs in to the extender connector on the back of the newer sky HD boxes to give you the RF2 output and these also work with the magic eye.
    I bought one for my box
    Can't understand why when sky sell the extra boxes for £10 with free delivery they are going on eBay for £15 - £25

10. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Or why they removed the inbuilt feature...extra revenue, like they don't charge enough already.. :eek:

11. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member

You can't be that tight if your splashing out on sky tv.;)