Sky ISP

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by KIAB, May 8, 2017.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Anyone got Sky as as a ISP for fibre, how do you find them for service,reliabilty,etc, presently have BT & their Infinity 2 package, had a lot of hassle with them cutting me off, due to end of contract.
    Sky has a good offer on, had a look at a few other ISP's but, no worthwhile packages/offers.

2. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

I've had sky fibre for around 2 years now, never lost service during that time.
    Currently getting 40 meg, used to be around 3.5 to 4 with them before I went to fibre.

KIAB likes this.
  3. Bargain Bucket

Bargain Bucket Active Member

I have Sky unlimited fibre. At our previous property we had some technical faults (line issues) and Sky dealt with it well (although all they can ultimately do is hand technical faults to Openreach - so Sky can only ever be as good as the infrastructure supplier). But from a customer service perspective, they were fine. At our current proprty, I've had no cause to ever call them. It's all worked flawlessly. That's my experience. I'm sure that Google will reveal plenty of people with less flattering views of SKY as an ISP.

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Had a line fault here due to rotten aluminum cable,took 12months or so of writing many letters & finally letters to CEO's of OR/BT to get my line move to pole at rear of property,which has now got the speed up to 75Mb from the previous 15Mb or less I got on front pole.