Sliding door gear for kitchen cabinets

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by PaulBlackpool, Jul 20, 2015.

1. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I have a galley kitchen with a 1000mm wide range electric cooker in centre of one of the narrow ends. I am putting a 1000mm wide corner unit on either side of the cooker. I will have to cut these down a little to get them to fit with adequate clearance. The resultant shape of these three items will form a "U" shape. The 500mm wide doors will not have clearance to open. 300mm wide doors would be ok but I would have to buy these and just fasten the 500mm doors adjacent to the rear short wall and not open them leaving 200mm open which would be OK. Or I could put the 200mm gap at the back where it could not be seen.
    The other option would be to make the 500mm doors to slide which would seem the best option if it was possible.
    Does anybody know of any makers/suppliers of sliding door gear to fit kitchen cabinet base units?

2. PaulBlackpool

No reply needed now but thanks for viewing. I have ordered two 300mm base units which will be fully operational providing the oven and grill doors are closed. I intend to reduce the width of the 1000mm corner units by 300mm and have the 500mm door at the front so it will open so far as to accept a vacuum cleaner nozzle to get rid of the odd cobweb. Otherwise the cabinets either side of the range cooker will just be empty and support a beech block work surface.

3. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

where you getting your cabinets from Paul?

4. PaulBlackpool

Hi Fats. Wickes Costa Rica in Gloss Cream. 10% off as end of range bought on -line. Bits bought much cheaper locally. Eg ;- £10 for a cabinet door, Wine rack £25. Just a cheapo job with 3 beach block worktops (2 for kitchen I for utility room),. Any serious problems I am a very good customer at my local branch which is a few minutes walk away from our house.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Is the beach worktop a sandy colour?

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  6. PaulBlackpool

Well spotted:D