Soil pipe too far from wall.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dan Young, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Dan Young

Dan Young New Member

Hi there,

Is there a toilet that will accommodate a soil pipe (downwards) that sits 190mm - 340mm from wall? Most I've seen will end up with the toilet over the pipe, i.e not far enough from the wall. Thanks,

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got a photo.

3. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

do you mean the back of the pan base touches the soil pipe in the floor ,and the cistern does not reach the wall , on a close coupled w.c. ?

4. Dan Young

Dan Young New Member

Yes, and it looks like a even a low level toilet would be have the same problem going by the dimensions. It looks like even on the low level ones the bottom of the pan is about 280 from the wall and my soil pipe edge is 340 from wall.

5. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

you would just use a longer flush pipe from the cistern to the pan. or make a " false wall" to bring the cistern closer to the pan.

6. Dan Young

Dan Young New Member

Ah I wondered about that! Wasn't sure you could get a flush pipe in a different length...or do you extend the one it come with?

7. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

don't know what the length of the flushpipe is that you have ,if indeed you have one ,but most are way too long and have to be cut down.

8. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

screwfix do one that's 16 inch by 14 inch .flush pipe 53204 code. made by fluid master.£ 4.41

9. Dan Young

Dan Young New Member

Cheers Terrmac, sounds like thats the problem solved.