Soil Stack Diversion - Assistance Required!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Shiv, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Shiv

Shiv New Member

Hi All,

My first post on here and am hoping someone is able to give me some advise about the below, unfortunately i'm no Plumber so excuse the non technical lingo!

Here's my problem:

Currently, my toilet connects directly to the soil pipe on the ground floor (picture below), we're looking to get an en suite upstairs, however, with the soil pipe inside the house I've been finding it difficult to get someone in to do the work. So I've taken it upon myself to do it myself.

Basically the plan is to box in the internal soil pipe and subsequently divert it outside as a soil stack. Add a vent to the top to allow air to come through and then connect up the waste from the en suite to the new stack.

I'm hoping by doing this it will avoid having to dig down to the soil pipe to create a new connection - just additional time and money! I'm just wondering whether my approach would be possible, and if so, any suggestions on what parts I should be using?

I've had some advice that if I'm going to do this that I need to minimise the amount of bends etc, but just looking to see if anyone else has done this / any additional advice.

Thanks all!

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Need some figures, what's distance from red mark to edge wall of room.
    Ensuite is it located on a outside wall, if so, is there any drain running along outside at ground level.

Shiv likes this.
  3. Shiv

Shiv New Member

Thanks for the reply, red mark to the edge of the room = 315mm both sides (from the edge of the red mark).

En suite is located on an outside wall, unfortunately no drainage running at ground level

4. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Where is your soil stack in relation to the existing outlet? Whats it made of? Plactic, cast iron asbestos cement?
    Is there external drains to connect to?

5. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    The base of the soil stack requires, a long radius bend,

Do it once and do it right!

You could have lots of problems if you don't do it right.

It's not a big job, get on site advice,

Regards
    Peter

Jitender likes this.
  6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

You need to map out the drain run, there may not be a man hole.

The kitchen waste most likely goes into a gulley tray.

Def a rest bend at the base of stack, also allow for rodding