Soilpipe drop

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dee-eye-why, Mar 22, 2015.

1. dee-eye-why

dee-eye-why New Member

Hi All, new to the forum and I have a question.

I'm moving a toilet from its current position to a straight point 1.8m away (part of a buildings control consent set of work). I've removed the existing toilet inlet from the soil pipe and then added the new run which consists of a single socket 87.5 degree bend from soil inlet to a straight 110mm soil pipe at a length of 1.8m to a double socket 87.5 degree bend (this is the termination point for the new toilet inlet), the drop is 100mm over the full length.

I've seen talk of 1in18 right through to 1in40 drop so not sure which is the latest correct drop, however is the drop of 100mm over 1800mm too steep? with the two 87.5 degree bends either side?

Thanks for any help.

cheers
    Deacs

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Hi DIY nice name, don't get too bogged down with figures,( no apology for pun) they are a guide as long as its falling it will work and although the fewwer bends the better you just can't change direction without them,

3. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

Look In building regs for exact gradient,
    You need a good fall if you want the turds to go>
    Make sure you have a vent or correctly installed durgo

4. dee-eye-why

dee-eye-why New Member

cheers for the advice tp & G&W, its much appreciated. The Planning portal seems to suggest that the extended soil for the toilet can use the existing soil vent (which is up stream of the flow, circa 3 metres from it) without an aav as it doesn't have other wastes (i.e. basin, bath, shower) directly connected.

Have I understood that correctly?

cheers
    Deacs

5. G&W Plumbing & Heating

G&W Plumbing & Heating Active Member

All soil stacks need a vent or you risk pulling the water out of the pan, you can fit an internal AAV above the highest spill over level of any item connected to that stack, or vent the stack as normal, you can reduce the vent to 3inch.