Solvent Weld for PVC cladding?

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by cuppatea, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Agree with Jord86.

How long has this construction lasted so far, for you to say it's successful?

Thank you for pointing out that I don't know how weld works, although it's quite obvious that where flexible joints are required, weld(glue as I say) is not the answer.

Perhaps you don't understand the attributes of plastic(pvc,uPVC). As each board is a separate board, it will contract and expand as individual boards. This must be allowed to happen, or solid joints will crack and fail.

Hence the need for a flexible sealant(which is a sealant, not a glue or a weld). Once a weld or glue cracks or breaks free, you cannot get in there to fix it. Flexible sealant will allow movement of individual boards without breaking the seal.

KIAB likes this.
  2. GordonK

GordonK Member

im not a prolific poster around here but i can categorically say none of the members have ever talked down to me and have only ever been helpful ... and ive needed some interesting help where they have all been g=hugely helpful...