Some damage to brickwork...

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by mark27888, Oct 22, 2014.

1. mark27888

mark27888 New Member

Would this be described as an OK repair on the brickwork (for Anglian windows installation)?
    I enclose picture of damage made and then picture of it filled (with white matter) after.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

It's incredibly messy and shoddy but for a big window firm it's pretty much the norm.

3. :eek: Nice remaining gap and crack in the brickwork - just enough to allow rain in so's it freezes and starts to crumble...

Even if it doesn't freeze ('cos it's part of your house and usually above freezing), it's still urgh.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Look like somebody messed up on the measurements, the fitter have had to nibble the top of the brick off the fit the sill, the mastic by the way is rubbish and should be done again pproperly.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Yeah that is rubbish. Get the manager on the phone! I guarantee I could have done better with my eyes shut!
    Check and note all the other problems.
    Don't pay til it's sorted.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. Biffo

Biffo Member

that is rough !!!! either point it up , or clear silicone or masking tape and brown silicone

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Bloody hell Jit, what a find. If I ever think of having new upvc windows in the future, Anglian windows will be the company to avoid. ;);)

9. Biffo

Biffo Member

it gets worse !!!!!!