Someones trying to hack into my computer?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Jitender, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Got bull guard internet security, latest and updated.

Over the last week I am getting prompts saying attack, the 'Attacker IP' is always the same.

2. Working On It

Working On It Member

Sorry, it would be easier all round if you just gave me your account details.......

3. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

have you used an IP locator to see what location the attacker is from?

4. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Bot just trying as they do?

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Its the same address.
    Yesterday about 5 times.

6. Phil the paver1

Phil the paver1 New Member

My account on here seem to be corrupt,hence this new one with a slightly different name, the old one won't allow me to reply to threads properly, it either takes for ever to load or just crashes.

As for your problem, it could just be a bot, or a phishing site looking for personal info.

Jitender likes this.
  7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

For heaven's sake, sort it out.

Check your installed programs and uninstall the dodgy ones. Check your Program Folder and delete the dodgy ones. Check your browser addons and get rid of the dodgy ones. Can't delete if open, check Task manager and End task, then delete program.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I use Kaspersky & have done for probably 15 years or so, never been hacked yet, currently using Kaspersky Total Security on five pc's & three phones.

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Ah that would be the Russian based software house -- can always trust the Russians over computer security :rolleyes:

10. darryle

darryle New Member

Try to do sfc/scan in command prompt to check the integrity of your windows.

11. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

It may be a false positive, check the IP via WHois, you may find it's just your internet provider. They often connect into your router to check its update status, this can be seen as an attack