Sooooo, who would be happy if we 'crashed out'

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Its not the EU kucking us out and giving us a price.

Its us leaving and for us to settle our debts, promises and agreements.

So, do you think figures have not been discussed? Really? Or do you think the leavers are not ready to hear the figures yet ?

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  2. The responses from the U-S on here highlights with complete transparency the 'thinking' behind their 'Leave' decision in the first place.

This was NEVER EVER EVER about what's actually best for the UK.

Never ever was.

If it were about that, then they'd now be asking pertinent questions about where the hell the UK is heading if things carry on as they are (over a cliff, if you must know...).

For the VAST majority of 'Leave' voters, this was always about their inadequate lives and who - other than themselves - they could blame for it.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

JoT, a cost has been mentioned. It's just that Barnier (the EU's master negotiator) has, as yet refused to tell the UK exactly how much this is. I wonder if we'll get any of our payments into the EU back though? After all we were a net contributor (not a recipient) Perhaps they could keep our payments and write off the whole bill ? Anyway as I've said before (in case you haven't noticed) Until Barnier lets the UK know how much pound of flesh the EU want, there can be no negotiation. I do think the word "negotiation" has been in the news recently. Christ sake, he's the one dragging out the "negotiations" I wonder why?
    Anyrode, following on from one of your earlier posts,, Have you ever left an employer (having given them the requisite notice) and felt obliged to sort the problem they have because you've left their employment?

4. joinerjohn1

That's rich DA. Not an answer though.

5. My point was. Do you think figures have not been discussed?

If they have been discussed, why do you think they have not been made public? The only logical answer I can come up with is the resulting reaction from those expecting to get away with a no cost result.

You may have a different thought, or knowledge.

Regarding the analagies I made. Yes I agree they were not very accurate analagies. But you seem more obsessed with the analagy than the point behind it. We are not getting kicked out, we are not asking for compensation, we are responsible for settling our commitments. So, again, do you think no figures have been discussed? Really ?

6. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Does the word “analagies” hint at their source?

Sorry JJ. I hate picking up on spelling errors (glass houses and all that), but this one made me chuckle.

longboat likes this.
  7. joinerjohn1

Quite simply because Barnier hasn't yet given anyone a firm figure so negotiations can begin. It would be relatively easy for him to announce the figure the EU has in mind, but still he delays telling even the UK negotiators. Or do you think he has told them, but asked them to keep it secret?
    PS for your information, I have never said we're being "kicked out" of the EU. (don't know where you got that idea from ???)

8. joinerjohn1

Quite alright dear chap, but please address your replies to the poster of the quote.. Thank you in advance. JJ :D :D :D

9. Twinkle

Twinkle New Member

I used to follow it all to the point of obsession. I was outraged at little Britain leaving the EU based on a ridiculous referendum where even the smartest of people didn't have a damn clue what they would be voting on!
    I'm over it all now though. I just chill my boots these days.
    I think I was probably just bored :oops: I wasn't focusing on the important stuff.

10. So how do you know Barnier hasnt given a figure?

Or even that the UK hasnt presented a figure?

So the question remains. Why do you think that is?

11. Twinkle

Twinkle New Member

The British are ruthless, especially with a conservative gov.
    They are keeping their powder dry.
    I like your thinking Jack ;)

12. joinerjohn1

JoT also believes that little green men live on Mars. Aliens walk amongst us and everything he watched on the X Files is true. ;);)

13. Maybe we should have a referendum on that then?

The public know as much about me and my thoughts as they did about Brexit.

14. Twinkle

Twinkle New Member

I have seen a UFO they DO exist.
    Just because you have not been lucky enough to see one JJ ... maybe you aren't special enough. :cool:

15. joinerjohn1

Hey Twinkle toes, my middle name is Mulder... I believe. ;););););)

16. Twinkle

Twinkle New Member

Well... don't "believe" everything you hear JJ :oops:

17. joinerjohn1

Hey DA, things are looking up in Austria (or so I've heard) :D:D:D:D:D

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It's Sunday and as a typical remainer, DA has probably spent the entire afternoon down the local boozer.
    On his meander back home a few migrants have likely corrected his over incredulous manner after being forced into a slurred conversation.

Still battered and confused, after a few hours he let's rip on the screwfix forum locals.

It is the sabbath day.

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select