Soooooooo,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Is he standing in the French elections, I know he not going to stand in the UK one, this is news to me and quite possibly the french, :p:p:p:p:p

2. No, you are right.

Is Farron then?

3. Phil the Paver

All those thing that were??????? Before the EU existed.

So what you do is go back to what the EU is supposed to be a trading block.

4. Phil the Paver

Is Farron what ????

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA , do us all a favour please and drop the continual false references to me from this thread. How on earth could I possibly vote for Le Pen? I was born on Scotland of Scots parents. I've only ever been to France on holiday (an experience never to be repeated in these times) Which part of my last statement that I have no interest in French politics do you (continually ) fail to understand? Is it the word French? Is it the word politics? Or perhaps the words "Have no interest in" Perhaps it was the eye candy bit that threw you? Yep that's about as interesting as French politics gets to me. (and even you will have to admit, Le Pen's better looking than Theresa May or any one of your Limp Dem MP's )

6. joinerjohn1

And that my friend is what the referendum , way back in 1975 was all about. Had it remained nothing more than a trading block, I'd probably have voted to remain (cue the blinkered DA and JoT asking what's the difference between the "EEC" and the "EU" (because they can't see it)

7. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Deep breath.
    The Euro as a currency is doomed. It has two years max, there is no money to bail it out, European banks are, to put it mildly, overdrawn.
    Despite what PJ says, the Euro by design is there to skew exchange rates, I mean really!, do you honestly think that after the collapse of the Euro and a return to native currencies, the Deutschmark, the Lire, the Peseta and the Drachma will be on a parity, really?
    When we leave, not if but when, consider this; forgetting Germanys contribution to the EU, we pay more than the remaining 26 member states combined (don't forget a lot are takers).
    And this mottly bunch of fools think that for one moment they can think about dictating leaving terms to US. B******s.
    The European leaders are cacking their pants, and if Le Pen gets in, it's game over, personally, I'd prefer she didn't get in and 'game over' was achieved by a more natural process, but at the end of the day, a win is a win.

8. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

At least you know what she wants unlike your mate Tony Blair who actually hated the people who voted for him and then goes round after he's ****** the world up and makes millions advising some of the worst regimes on the planet, would you vote for him if you had the chance?
    you all bang on about le pen being far right but her economic policy's are far left, but then again you only have to say Islam these days and your a facist

9. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

?
    I dunno about despite, I agree :) The Euro is a manipulation that brings great benefit to some and great hardship to a lot more. I do recall saying in another thread that the UK and the US starting a currency war against the Euro is a crazy idea but that wasn't because I think the Euro is a 'good' thing. That comment was purely about the US Dollar. Which as I said, massively benefits from it's status as the global reserve currency and oil being traded in it.

10. JJ...what....I...actually...asked...was...who...is...wishing....a...Le....Pen....victory.

Not...who...is...actually...voting...for...her.

I leave the latter question to my threads on that well-known French hardware site, "Fixation à la vis".

Mind you, I have NO doubt WHATSOEVER that you do wish success for Le Pen, and also that you WOULD vote for her were you 'Jean le
    charpentier nombre un'.

11. Your SF motto is 'only do it once so do it proper, like'.

Yet you have ejaculated asterixes on at least two spluttering posts in quick succession.

Very funny indeed :).

Whilst, of course, fibbing in both.

Your Le Pen does the same things as you do - try to exploit any terrorist incidence for cynical political gain. You hurled the Westminster attack on to our Syrian/Brexit thread in the most slimy and contemptuous way, and your French soulmate does exactly the same.

Phil Le Pen.

12. Does your head hurt, SW?

It should.

That is achingly poor rationale.

13. If you really understand what I think you are trying to explain.

Explain to ptp how that will impact on all of us if the eurozone collapses whilst we are neither in nor out and the ramifications on trade in the process.

Or will it have no effect on us all ?

14. Oh and some of the info is pure fallacy.

Ignoring Germany we pay more in than the rest put together?

Depends on your source of figures but none support that claim

15. Wifie has chust shouted through to me that Le Pen has stepped aside as leader of the FN party.

I haven't found confirmation yet - but my toes are crossed.

FN without Le Pen is like UKIP without Farage - a completely hollow vessel.

(Mind you, the vessel is full of sh**e regardless of the leader...)

16. joinerjohn1

It's already up on the BBC News website,, so it must be true. They undoubtedly always check their facts before airing anything (apparently)

longboat likes this.
  17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Could be a clever tactic this. Running as an independent candidate may just shed a load of baggage for her.

18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

19. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Sounds like that's the game plan according to the Telegraph. We live in interesting times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.