Soooooooo,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

"Pretend I knew what I was doing with Brexit all along"?
    Yes, precisely, because I am in charge of the country, what I say must be obeyed and this is the path you will all follow.
    Give ya head a shake, man!

Choice:
    Leave?
    Stay?

I want to leave so I vote leave.
    Obvious. .
    ..isn't it?

Yey!
    More people voted the same way I did, great stuff. One battle won.

Art50 triggered. Bonus.
    Wait. Wingeing loosers on the horizon.
    They could scupper the plan if they get their way. Leave, but don't leave is their objective.

T. May, appears to want a proper brexit, and she's called an election that should bolster that stance.
    Will they follow through? I dunno for sure, but it's either them or the yella belly. Or god forbid, bank holiday, Corby.

Tory it is then.
    Safest bet, for sure!

You want the opposite so you'll give your pretend vote to the lib-dems.
    Fair-do's.

2. I really don't understand that.

You agree about the establishment.

You dont want the establishment.

You are going to vote for the establishment.

Now, if that doesn't say that you are confused or controlled, what does?

You have seen 1 headline and thrown everything behind it.

3. Yes, they did indeed.

And you see them on the street giving their cringe-making and mind-numbingly simplistic political viewpoints to the camera.

I used to think you were more thoughtful than them, Longs - I really did. I didn't see you as another Phil or 'arry.

No longer.

You are trying to defend the indefensible. You reckon that 52% made a wise & thoughtful decision?!

No way.

For most of them - I would say the vast majority - it was the most base and simplistic decision they made. It was based on next-to-zero understanding of causes or issues or reality.

(And I say 'vast majority' based on (1) every single Leaver I've spoken to about this in 'real' life (and these are not stupid people by any means), (2) the types of headlines peddled in the right-wing press (Mail, Sun & Express) which are aimed directly at their uncritical & largely irrational audience, and (3) the 'reasons' given for voting Brexit by folk on the street as shown on TV and in other media. It shows staggering ignorance of the real issues, and zero comprehension of the pros and cons. It demonstrates blind prejudice. It ticks all the glib populist spouting of Farage et al. And (4) most Leavers on this forum :))

Happy to keep repeating this, Longs. I can say it without fear of contradiction - because it is the simple truth. I am referring to the vast majority. Not all. I used to think you were possibly in the 'not all' category. Not any more.

Crazy of you to try and defend the indefensible.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
    Deleted member 164349 likes this.

4. Your vote in the General Election, which is really about how the country should be run for the next up to 5 years is based on, purely and simply brexit. A decision that has been made and acted on.

What about nhs, taxation policy (we are likely to become a tax haven for big business), wages, houses, transport etc etc.

It does show a lack of thinking, just an obsession with a headline.

5. Mitch_T

Mitch_T New Member

I'd vote for Le Pen, because no matter who he decides to cross swords with, he'll always be the mightier one.

P J Thompson likes this.
  6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

An almost perfect description of a Remoaner, just change the papers and your on the ball. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Phil the Paver

So given all the options, Who would you waste your vote on, because there is simply nobody worth voting for other than Tory.

8. That is the real reason she has gone for the election isn't it.

Are you prepared for the results of the NHS under a massive Tory government? Amongst other things too.

Don't say you didn't think the NHS would be affected after the result.

So, is it a wasted vote? No matter who I vote for? It is likely to be liberal, as a tactical vote. I am in a Tory (fairly) safe seat, so no chance for Labour.

I will live with my conscience, will you? When it costs to see a doctor for your wife or children? Choice between food, heat, roof or doctor?

This election is about more than brexit. A lot more !

9. Wrong thread.

Wrong sex.

Other than that, brilliant.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Hey, if you're confused that's not my problem. I made it quite clear what I was on about but you chose to ignore it.
    You've become fixated with your own version of the 'establishment' that you use it repeatedly in a misconstrued manner.

11. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Is homosexuality a sin?
    I'm buggered if I know.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.

12. So, to be clear?

Voting Tory is voting anti establishment in your opinion ?

13. Phil the Paver

And voting Liberal is. ???????

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Why are you voting for the yellas, in the hope that brexit turns out to be nothing more than our MPS being kicked out of the parliament.
    If, as you say, brexit is done and dusted?

15. Well, lets think about it ?

They are not really part of the establishment, are they? In any way other than any politician. But not of the ruling class.

So, what do you think?

Who is actually voting for the anti establishment?

Do you need any more clues?

16. Because this election is about more than just brexit.

You have focused on 1 issue, brexit, and that is all you can see?

No political party represents my views exactly, I have to compromise. Which means I have to look at all the issues and choose accordingly.

Don't you ?

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

No, voting tory is the best chance of getting a proper brexit.

18. As I said, you are looking at just 1 issue.

You want anti establishment but are voting for them.

Fallen for the oft repeated words spouted by the lovers of headliners.

Dress it how you like, and you will. You are voting for the established establishment. It is that simple.

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Pull the other one, Jack.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.