Soooooooo,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BREXIT MEANS BREXIT, innit.

Ok, it comes in many shades, but it's STILL BREXIT YA BAS.

2. I don't need to , you have clearly expressed your confusion

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

That's how it was sold.

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I want the UK out of the EU, the establishment angle has now't to do with it.
    You are the one who brought that up.
    You see, I don't have an inbred hatred of those who have more wealth than me.

5. :D

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Just say it, man.
    You choosing to vote for the Lib-dems is a desperate attempt at thwarting brexit.
    That's plain for all to see.

7. It would be great.

But not a chance in hell

And as far as I am concerned brexit is happening, just waiting for what brexit means because i still dont know that.

I am voting for the real issues and causes that affect me, my family and others I care about.

Money, wealth, class are irrelevant factors. Its decisions time. The future. Life and quality of life, costs, taxes, income, health, education etc.

If you are voting purely due to brexit, which you are, it underlines DA's reasonings on why there should never have been a referendum.

Lack of ability to think things through clearly.

The more you post, the clearer you make it, yes honestly

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Quite true, no one knows the extent of brexit. Will it be in name only (as you are hoping for),or will it be the real deal?
    I'm hoping for the 'real deal', voting conservative is the best chance of that happening, as I'm sure you'd agree?

When the EU is impotent in our domestic policies, then, we can all decide who best to vote for. This hurdle must be overcome, it's the only chance we have.

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I see Labour have mentioned the NHS, Saying "We need an independent committee to decide on future wage rises." That's a bit like Parliaments pitiful "Independent" committee (IPSA) telling MP's they really needed a whopping 11% wage rise last year. Stopped them claiming second home allowances, but now they rent out these second homes (already paid for by us) and now claim hotel expenses of up to £150 per bloody night.
    (and no, I'm not falling for this either)

10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

They'll be promising to give everyone who votes for them £2000, soon enough.:rolleyes:o_O:oops:

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

If they gave me £10,000, I still wouldn't vote for em.

12. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I might.

13. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

14. No surprise there, even though you complain about the wage cap on nhs staff etc.

And no surprise about what will happen to nhs system, and staffing.

But hey ho.

15. Wow, what a short sighted view.

Will be too late for lots of things, but as long as you get brexit nothing else matters.

16. 'Anti-establishment' was, I believe, initially one of the shallow glibisms peddled by the Leavers on here on one of the first Brexit threads. Remember? Along with 'taking back control' and 'want our sovereignty back'.

But, I agree, it's not really a genuine issue for Brexit; it's relevant only as far as those who peddled the line not understanding the irony of their position.

A bit like 'we want our sovereignty back!' Hmm - you never lost it mate. 'Take back control, then!!' Nope, again we allow the EU to determine what we decided they could, so we could then get on with more important issues.

etc etc etc etc... :rolleyes:

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The NHS has always been a political football, Jack.
    You've fallen deep into the premise that the Tory 'dictatorship' will scrap the service and those who dare to protest will be illiminated.
    Where's your head at?
    Staring at the headlines again, that's where.

18. What would we do without the Express, eh?

Anyhoo, we'll know in a week's time.

Some things that I will predict...

Macron will win, fairly conclusively.

He will then strengthen France's position within the EU, as he also helps to strengthen & unite the whole group. It will be Germany and France working very closely side-by-side.

That used to be us. But no longer.

As he does this, Britain will become more and more sidelined and irrelevant. The Brexit negotiations - us versus 27 - will grind on and suffer (for us) humiliation after humiliation.

The remaining 27 will look on at Britain's despair and gulp, and realise the silliness of any weakening of the union.

As the 'negotiations' stutter along, Britain will realise just how weak and perilous its position actually is. It will dawn on May how she could plunge the country into recession and despair with one tiny false move.

It will all end with the softest of soft 'Brexits'.

And amen to that.

19. List the main Brexiteers, Longs, and their financial backers.

What do they have in common as far as the NHS is concerned?

That's the 'establishment' - wot you voted for, your bedfellows - for you.

20. You cant really be serious and say that the nhs is not under severe threat from the Tories.

They have already kicked ideas about (it is done to cushion the blow when it lands) of charging for appointments, privatising more of it, charging for stays in hospital (including meals) and lots more.

Thats before you get to the issue of how brexit will affect staffing.

But it is me stuck with the headlines? You are stuck on brexit.

Talk about walking blindfold into it.

You really are blinkered, again because of brexit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.