Sooooooooooooooooo,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Macron or Le Pen?

One word answers will do. :)

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Macron hopefully. Cos he's more moderate.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

7. Absolutely, Bodge.

It's a toughie, ain't it JJ and Longs (where's Phil and 'arry...?)

It's a straight two-way choice between a moderate, left-of-centre, clearly very decent liberal progressive and Le Pen.

Le Pen, Le Pen, Le Pen...

Daughter of a Holocaust denier and herself a Holocaust 'revisionist' (nice semantics). A feverish Islamophobe who has stepped away from the tarnishing connection with her FN party since even she knows it's a bit hard to swallow. Who claims that Muslims going out to the street to pray were 'occupying territory' the same way that Germany occupied France. Who claims that the Vichy regime was 'not France'. Who claims that the round-up of 13,000 Jews by French police was not France's responsibility.

Phheeeeyoooo - it's a toughie. No wonder some are struggling.

8. As I see it, its not even a choice.

Macron.

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Marcon.

Why ???? Because he doesn't believe we should be punished for leaving the EU. :)

10. I rest my case.

It chust gets easier and easier... :rolleyes:

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  11. Phil the Paver

No you don't it wouldn't matter what anybody said you would twist it into something to find fault with.

You dislike Le Pen for being Right Wing, so what's wrong with Marcon.

12. Point taken, by some

13. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Macron will pull France, that wonderful country that I love and its delightful people, further into the mess that Hollande has created, at least LePen will shake things up a bit. Pity that Marine LePen's being tarred with the same brush as her father, when in fact she has views and policies that are far more moderate. For the sake of the French, if I could vote it would be for Marine LePen

14. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I suppose Ken Livingstone would be proud of her, apart from the Islamic bit.

15. Phil the Paver

Why, what did Ken say that wasn't factual.

Remember folks pretending it isn't true won't make it go away.

16. I guess, by your standards she is 'moderate' :rolleyes:

17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

DA's post suggested anti Semitism on Marine Le Pens part, I don't buy that and suggested it's more a trait of the Labour Party, with ken Livingstone being the most outspoken on that score.

18. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

Ken Livingstone has spoken about the State of Israel, I don't recall him ever speaking about "Jews".
    If you can provide a link where he has indeed spoken about " Jews" in an anti way, I'll accept he's anti-semitic.
    Till then...

19. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

20. I think zionism and anti semitism get a bit confused.

It is a very difficult set of subjects to dicuss/be allowed to discuss without racism getting called into it.

Probabaly more so than any other talk of any other state/country/religion/ideal