Soul music.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, May 17, 2017.

1. New series started on R4.

The first is an absolute classic - Waterloo Sunset.

What a song. What an amazing song. Sheer beauty and genius.

Good program too - worth listening to if you like analysis and stories around the songs.

KIAB and Jord86 like this.
  2. Windywillow

Windywillow New Member

This song makes me feel sad :( it's not a very happy song! It's a bit depressing.

Can we have a happy song? I like happy songs :)

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Poking around on Youtube in the early hours today,looking at hinges, & how to forge Stag hinges, & it came up with Hinge & Bracket:rolleyes:, saw them several times live many years ago, brought back memories, but comedy aside, few peeps realise how good Hilda was as a mezzo-soprano, up there with the best.

4. Mezzo-soprano: "...a female singer with a voice pitched between soprano and contralto."

Female? :rolleyes:

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

OK, Patrick Fyffe aka Hilda Bracket, he had a voice classed as Mezzo-soprano range,so he was then a male contra tenor with a vocal range equal to a female mezzo-soprano, which would put many female mezzo-soprano to shame, NOW is that clearer for you...:rolleyes::p

And it's hard to belive that Alessandro Moreschi the last castrato died in 1922.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Kiab likes cross dressers? :p

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Have to be careful what I say, as you lot will misconstrued it..:oops:

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

The Kinks and "Soul Music " Not an obvious match there DA.

9. Och, it's music for the soul all right. :)