Spindle size of Erbauer ERI493DDH 18V drill

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by GBSc, May 1, 2015.

1. GBSc

GBSc New Member

Hi,

I need to replace the chuck on an Erbauer ERI493DDH 18V battery drill and need to know the spindle size to purchase the correct chuck.

I know that the chuck is the Jacobs 5000 series, but don't know if it is 3/8" x 24 or 1/2" x 20 - the drill is in another country at this time, so can't take it apart to find out.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I reckon it's 1/2" x 20 .

4. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Agree KIAB. The're ain't many 3/8 x24 spindles about nowadays & must admit I've found Rohm chucks to be my favorites lately. :)

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Can't beat Rohm in my opinion, should be able to find one that's compatable to your present one in their range.

6. GBSc

GBSc New Member

Thank you both for your help. I purchased both sizes in the end - no doubt the unused one will come in handy for some other drill.

I purchased an Erbauer ERI004COM 18V Li-ion Cordless Drill back in 2008 and took it to India for use in construction work during the endless power cuts.

It has survived drilling probably 20,000 plus holes in concrete, granite, steel and other materials over the years.

The chuck finally gave up the ghost this year, the motor is a bit noisy at times, but it still works perfectly, even in temperatures in excess of 40 degrees.

In the same period the workers managed to destroy seven SDS+ hammer drills (all but one good quality, purchased in the UK and shipped), one 8kg SDS-Max hammer drill, one 16kg breaker, four corded power drills, plus lots of other power tools - Bosch, Makita, Dewalt and Hitachi.

I cannot fault Erbauer and will be purchasing another today to ship over there.