Staining laminate flooring

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Turtletom100, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Turtletom100

Turtletom100 Member

I am replacing a section of my laminate as i had a hearth there. So far I have being unable to get the exact same colour match as what is there already. I have bought some today but it is a shade or 2 lighter. Is there a way to stain/discolour it? It is the cheap stuff not hardwood (rented property)
    Failing that is there anywhere who can match laminate flooring.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Got any bits that are fully under a sofa or summat, that can be nicked, used and swapped, so the new ones can be hidden under the sofa?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

If it's not the same make it will never click together, and the cheaper end of the market usually is not very happy trying to be lifted and relaid.

If it was me, I would put the new stuff down to get the overall floor height correct and put a rug on top of it. The downside your LL might not be too pleased when you come to move out? Why was the hearth lifted, does the LL know?

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Lift a piece & see if the a brand name or number on reverse, might narrow down you search to correct shade.
    Might be able find a odd pack on Ebay.