State of the world and Pokemon bollards

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by sospan, Aug 9, 2016.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

So we have terrorist atrocities and mass killings all over the world, mass emigration from southern mediterranean and african countries, a huge rise in food banks in the UK and we are now engineering solutions to protect people who walk into bollards and fall into ditches because they are looking for a Pokemon.

[​IMG]

http://www.buildingtalk.com/sneak-p...ncept-unveiled/?dm_i=8TT,4EUYW,5HPNQB,G8JF2,1

The world really has gone mad

2. This is your definition of the world gorn mad, is it Sos? :rolleyes:

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I just think we have lost track of what is important in this country, we have a people spending hours chasing a fictitious electronic game token and becoming a liability and companies are now developing counter measures to keep the idiots safe. We have a teenager in ICU who stepped in front of car playing the game and old age couple are plagued with people banging on their door because one of the Pokemons is listed as being there.

Everybody needs some escapism but games like Pokemon Go dominate their thought process and they disregard even simple common sense and other resources have to be redirected to keep them safe. Whilst it is admittedly a huge generalisation the world would be a much better place if the game players put as much effort into doing things for the social good.

Don't get me started on the £86m spend on a football player :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Grumpy old man out (and not out chasing Pokemons!!)

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Now Pokemon are fighting back.

:p:p:p:p:p

5. Phil the Paver

Especially after selling him just 4 year back, for what, 1.5 mill. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

It worries me the amount of older people playing games,my stepson is 40 and spends most of his free time on the computer or x box,we took the grandkids out yesterday and the 9 year old was made up walking through a forest and running through the mud in his wellies "dad never does this with me".sad really isn't it.

KIAB and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  7. I get what you're saying, Sos, but I don't think it's as straight-forward as that.

All the problems you mentioned in your first post are genuine enough, but are not really related. The hellish incidences occurring all over the world need tackling in their own way. The food banks in this country need addressing with a change of government.

The very rare kid who walks in front of a car chasing a non-existent Poke is an unfortunate case, but hardly representative. At least he got squished doing something. Call it Darwinian if it helps...

And one company - how the hell you managed to find that link...:rolleyes: - is cynically trying to exploit this non-situation to make a bit of cash.

Which they will - of course - fail to do. 'Cos the moment that any council - especially in this time of cut-backs - starts to buy these bollard protectors is the day the public will march on their council offices and lynch them good an' proper...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
  8. On a connected issue, I think 'Pokie Go' is great :)

Seriously.

A computer game that finally got these couch potatoes off their arrisses and outside. Awesome.

I think that game is a work of genius.

9. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

I always thought a pokey mon was a homosexual from Wigan!:D

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  10. Phil the Paver

Wasn't that Tomplum. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Totally agree DA. Our city centre is now awash with young un's walking, running about trying to catch em, whereas 3 months ago they'd be sat at home getting zero exercise.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.