Steel conduit angle box query

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Deano1905, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Deano1905

Deano1905 New Member

Hi,

First time post on the Electricians forum.

I wish to run some external cable and want to use galvanised conduit. There are a couple of right angles (internal and external) I need to negotiate and I've seen some pro installations where they use Angle boxes to achieve this.

However its not the 90 degree ones, they look like terminal boxes but with another inlet on the face/back of the box so the 90 degree is achieved with the box sitting on its curved edge.I hope that makes sense.

No matter where I look I cannot find these blooming things and would appreciate any info as to what they are called or if they are old school or they are made by the installer via him modifying a junction box.

All replies gratefully received.

2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

upload_2015-3-5_15-35-19.jpeg take you pick....or just google conduit fitting...and chose images.
    RS

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  3. Deano1905

Deano1905 New Member

Yes! That's the one....on the right 2nd one down. What is that that one called? Junctions, through boxes, u boxes etc but nowhere can I find a name for that one !!

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Angle & Back Outlet BESA Box

Angle & 1 way Back Outlet Box

Terminal & Back Outlet Box

Same thing, many names.

5. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

We'd just drill a 20mm hole in the box and gland into that tbh.

6. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

I would drill a hole and use a bush and coupler. You will struggle find suppliers who stock the back entry/rear entry ones. They would likely have to order a whole box when they next place a large order.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

TLC had them to clear @ £3:69p + vat, ref: CO 20BX1BOG.

When I've used them 20mm 1 way galvinised box (35068) £1:75p, likes others I just drill a 20mm hole in the box and gland into that, it's a cheaper opition.

8. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Stop end besa box with fully screwed angled rear entry....and half pike !...lol
    RS

9. Deano1905

Deano1905 New Member

Thanks so much guys. I had assumed it was this: "We'd just drill a 20mm hole in the box and gland into that"

Will go that way and hang the rust proofing !!.

10. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

Buy some galv spray paint.