Sticky labels on face side of timber

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by sospan, Sep 14, 2016.

1. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Just had a load of architrave and skirting delivered and virtually every piece had a label stuck not on the back but on the face side !
    upload_2016-9-14_22-20-15.png upload_2016-9-14_22-20-55.png

Started off thinking not so bad, I will just sit here in the sun and peel them off, after the first few that was it patience was gone - of course the labels can't come off in one piece can they! loads of tiny bits and because they are on the face side, have to be careful not to gouge the surface. Then there is the residue to deal with .....

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It is something that has infuriated me for many years.

Some years ago had some internal oak veneered doors, they came adorned with sticky labels:(, could have been stuck to glazed panel, nope too simple, stuck to the veneer, sticky residue,ended up sending the doors back.:(

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Best part of an hour wasted! Same as your doors all because some muppet can't think. Still it is better than when they used to staple the things on, the number of times I caught the remains of one with a planer blade :(

4. JOMEL

JOMEL Screwfix Select

Hi,

Believe it or not there is a spray can called " Sticky label remover".
    I am not where I can look at the one I have at this time.
    But a Google should spot it.
    It does work on them after a couple of minutes, and they come off fully

Johnny M

5. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

White spirit, if you let it soak for a couple of mins usually works.

6. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

I use a hair dryer or a hot air gun to soften the adhesive...............peels straight off!

8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Haven't had to use a hair dryer for a long time :(

9. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Is that your pink hairdryer you use for drying your under arm hair? lol :p

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Pill Ock

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Strange name you have buddy! Mr Pill Ock. You must have had some stick in school with that! :D

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It is like when you are painting and the paint is lumpy or has bits in it, you always get somebody whom will suggest straining it through an old pair of tights - of course always keep a few pairs on me

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Happen to have a bottle here
    Other week in Poundland, I got some strange looks buying tights, always prefer barely black, only a quid a packet.:eek::oops:

14. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Your selfie avavtar shows little room for a brain any bigger than a grain of rice so sorry for not making an allowance for that sonny boy.

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Years ago, I got severely embarrassed when I was out shopping with the family, we were just getting to front of the queue at the till and and one of the girls decided they needed the toilet and left me to pay. At the till the assistant ran the stuff through until she came to the wife's underwear and said these are nice but I think you will need a bigger size. Usual bloke thing, I said they aren't for me at which point the assistant thought she was being helpful by saying "not to worry, we get a lot of people like you in here and there is no need to get embarrassed......"

16. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Aww nasty now buddy boy. No use crying over spilt paint!! :p:p:confused:

17. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Like fruit do ya?

18. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Not as much as you buddy boy! lol ;)