Stiff leaver tap

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dexterwolf, May 22, 2015.

1. Dexterwolf

Dexterwolf Member

my leaver tap seems a little harder to turn on. I can't find a screw to get at the fittings though any ideas? . Also is it a case of just greasing it up ?

Attached Files:

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Only a DIY guess dexter but I would think that either the round disc on the tap head will pop off to reveal a screw or, the lever unscrews and inside the hole there may be a small grub screw (Allen key head)

If either of these options work, by some miracle, the tap head will then pull off to reveal the workings of the tap. Is it a quarter turn tap control, if yes then it's gonna be a ceramic disc assembly. Possibly scale build up which can be cleaned off, or worn discs. Replacements are available but can be tricky to match up exact size

If the discs are knackerd, usual advice is to change the tap ! Usually cheaper if your using a plumber as a tap swap will be quicker but, if doing yourself, it's worth trying to buy new discs first

Obviously isolate water supply to tap 1st :confused:

3. Dexterwolf

Dexterwolf Member

Thanks Dave