Stopcock handle

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by paul hislop, May 22, 2017.

1. paul hislop

paul hislop New Member

Hi, I had to turn off the stopcock just outside the house (not the one in the road) which I did by closing off the grey plastic round tap. The stopcock is inserted into the blue water pipe. I turned it too hard and the teeth from the metal head stripped the plastic in the handle. I am trying to get a replacement handle. Ordered up what i thought was the same stopcock polyplumb PB262515 MDPE but although it looked like the same size handle - its has a smaller diameter teeth in side the handle (= doesnt fit) and the head was a smaller plastic. Tried talking to polyplumb but couldnt get the right part. Anyone come across this before? Alternatively - is there a spanner like tool that may fit the metal head/cog. Otherwise I will need to leave the vice grip hanging on to it

2. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

No idea what size it is but how about taking the handle off a house tap and see if the splines are the same, if so get a tap reviver kit from any plumbers merchant and use that handle.

3. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

any chance of photo's, it may help in offering solution /identifying valve.

4. paul hislop

paul hislop New Member

i can get photos posted at the weekend thanks

5. paul hislop

paul hislop New Member

Good idea - i will look into that - and post some photos