Stud partition pricing help

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Steve78, May 12, 2017.

1. Steve78

Steve78 New Member

Hi All,
    I've got some office work I'm taking on and looking for advice on pricing it per m2.
    70mm metal stud going in at 600 centres 2.7m high, sheeted both sides with 12.5mm taper edge gyproc then tape and fill joints 3 coats. Plus skirting 95mm ogee mdf.
    All materials being supplied so I'm looking for help with Labour only costs per square metre for doing the above.
    And what to charge extra for doorways
    Many thanks

2. How much do you charge per hour/day?

How many hours/days do you expect it to take?

What is site access like, distances involved for travel? Parking charges ?

Allow time to move items to and from site and cleaning up at the end?

If you want to make more than normal, add on a bit extra. If you hope and want more work from them, consider a lower price.

Did you not quote for the job then?

You get work without pricing it ? What area are you, I could be interested in work like that. :rolleyes:

3. Steve78

Steve78 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm unsure how long it will take that's why I was predominantly looking for a metre price that people charge.
    I've not quoted it.
    It's my friend who has bought the office so I'm guaranteed the work but I want to put in a fair price. There is approx 300 metres of partitioning to be done. I usually do all his work but nothing on this scale.
    All materials will be on site easy access and no parking charges.
    It's one large open plan office getting divided up.

4. Is it your normal type of work or new to you. This will affect time taken.

Working on your own or with other (s)?

Its not the type of work I do, so not able to help you with times. But agree a day rate and work from that? If he knows you will work not waste his time then I would think he would be ok with that. That way you wont undercut yourself, rip him off, or cut any corners to earn better.

CGN likes this.
  5. Steve78

Steve78 New Member

I'll maybe just stick to my day rate then. I've been a joiner for 22 years now but mainly domestic market so I've done plenty of partitioning but only small scale.
    Thanks for the advice
    Regards Steve

seen it all before likes this.
  6. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

7. leesparkykent

8. leesparkykent

9. leesparkykent