Stuff.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I read a fascinating book recently; "Fermats last Theorem" For anyone like you btiw who's interested in mathematics it's a great read, that is if you've not read it already. It's available on Kindle.

2. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

Hey Harry.

That's a thoughtful suggestion. How much more nicer "Just talk" would be if we started posting book reviews and reading suggestions instead of posting snide potshots?

Although, in all honesty, I find the sarcasm wars in Just Talk laugh out loud funny at times. The level of animosity in the current "countersink hinge screws" thread has me crying with laughter too. Nice is nice, but nasty can be funny as hell.

No, FLT is not a book I've read. I've read a number of pop maths books (prime obsession - still my favourite), but I've never gelled with Singh's style. Maybe I should try and tune into it.

I've just finished my current book this evening and so, on your suggestion, I'll push FLT to my kindle now and give SS another chance.

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I bear no animosity towards HA But I'm quite bored at work at the moment and I get the winter blues so winding him up is fairly amusing and takes my mind off things.
    I do think he is a bigoted, homophobic, racist git but there is no shortage of those in the world but I can't wind them all up.

Joe95 and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  4. Doesn't stop you trying.

And amen to that ;)

chippie244 and Joe95 like this.