Stupid BCO requests!!

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by BuilderMCR, Apr 2, 2014.

1. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

Why the funk do BCOs request stupid things!?!? A rodding eye in the middle of the slab which is going to be covered with laminate flooring! Nobody's ever going to rip the flooring up to rod the pipes, there's a manhole on each side!

2. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Because most of them are jobs worth's

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

things such as this came into affect since wba, (wimmin bosses arrived), don't get me wrong i like women, they have very good attributes in the workplace, answering the phone,brewing up, makeing bacon butties,tending to injuries, the occasional 'slap n' tickle' in the broomcupboard, but when you start giving them responsible logical control on projects, youve lost the plot, you can't win a battle and you might as well throw the towel in the war, they can't play football,run marathons,box,play rugby,nor cricket at the same level as man, but because of political correctness rules,which they devised, they get to call what holds buildings up, and if you get a permission on a project mid 'cycle' ( I'm not talkin' bikes here) its either going to last till doomsday or not get past handover,

sexist moi :eek:, some of best friends are women, come to think of it i married one, :)

Phil the Paver and plumberboy like this.
  4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

WTF are drains doing under the bloody slab ????? ;);););)

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Are you able to get double sealed rodding eyes then, to stop the smell???.

Tell them to show you where in the regs it says you have to have it, if there's a manhole (person inspection chamber, in case BCO is a woman:p ) within easy reach.

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Not uncommon.;)

7. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

Lol the drain runs through the foundations. Wrapped in fibreglass on one side and bridged on t'other.

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Is there a bend in the drains (in the slab) ?? That's the only reason I can see them asking for a rodding point. If they run straight from one side to the other and there's manholes either side, then BCO is only being pedantic.

9. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

No just a junction where the soil pipe joins but there's an access point in the soil stack too lol

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Run the pipe off differently so it can be rodded from outside.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

11. vivaro man

vivaro man Active Member

Yep, with Mr Handy on this. No-one wants a rodding eye in a domestic residence or come to that anywhere but outside.

12. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

No space to do that, there's about 150mm between the extension wall and the boundary wall

13. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Thought you said there was a manhole on each side!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

14. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

Yea, in next doors garden and at the other side of the extension

15. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

It seems these days you can't do anything without BCO's having to inspect and some of the stuff they request seems beyond belief.

I would not want to have a house with a rodding eye inside the house. How long is this pipe that it can't be rodded from outside?

There is alot of people in this country doing jobs they are not capable of Tom and not just women but, Then there are alot of people (some supposedly educated) who cannot think logically.

It starts at 10 downing street and goes all the way down to the average man on the street.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014