Suggestions for wet & dry vacuum

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by PEAENJAY, Jul 25, 2016.

1. PEAENJAY

PEAENJAY Member

I am doing work on my house and expect to be doing some wall chasing for heating pipes and opening up doorways in internal walls, so there will be lots of brick and plaster dust and I will also need to pick up water. I am thinking of buying a vacuum cleaner that could attach to the chaser to take care of most of the dust. Can someone recommend a manufacturer and model that does a good job but at a DIY price, I don't need one for professional use.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

What is a diy price.

Some diy wet & dry vacuums throw out as much dust as the collect & the room ends like sand storm, so you then spend hours clearing up.

I have Makita Class L wet & dry wasn't as cheap as I want to spend, but, it doesn't throw any dust when when chasing, or sanding.

Class L – Removes 99.0% of dust with limit value for occupational exposure >1.0 mg/m³. Suitable for processes involving mica, china
    clay, gypsum.

3. PEAENJAY

PEAENJAY Member

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

5. PEAENJAY

PEAENJAY Member

Checking the reviews on the Wickes model looks like experince from users is that it blows out a lot of fine dust. This is my main concern because I will be sucking up brick and plaster dust straight from a chasing machine or diamond disc cutter. I think I need a model that has a rigid washable filter not the foam type that this one and many others have.

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There is a replacement filter.