SUITABLE DOWNLIGHTS FOR 80MM VOID

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by PeterK, Oct 1, 2015.

1. PeterK

PeterK Member

Hello,

I'm looking for Downlights for my kitchen, but the void in my ceiling is only 80mm. So I'm struggling to find something suitable.

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice.

Kind regards

2. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Led hut do a range that are only 12mm thick, so sit inside the plasterboard, with the transformers tucked up in the cavity.

I'm really happy with the light output too in the 6W units

PeterK likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. PeterK

PeterK Member

Thanks for your help, that looks ideal. Will probably purchase these, a lot of good reviews about them.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Go through Quidco for LedHut to get cashback & any voucher discount.
    You could try code PAYDAY20 for 20% & free delivery.

6. PeterK

PeterK Member

Thats sounds good, I'll have a look. Thanks

7. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Just as a point, I'm running warm white ones in my kitchen and bathroom and I don't think I would want them any "bluer" but that is very personal

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

The Daylight isn't blue at all, it's a nice white light,using them in my kitchen, not clinical & with a blue tinge like 'cool white' version.
    As that fitting linked to earlier, it has a frosted diffuser, so daylight might be better opition.

See this link.
    http://www.ledhut.co.uk/spot-lights/gu10-led-bulbs/new-4-5-watt-gu10-cob-bulb-wide-beam-angle.html

Anyway LedHut offer a 30 day, no-quibble returns or replacement policy.

9. PeterK

PeterK Member

Your missing the point the Void in my ceiling is only 80mm, those won't fit

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I know they won't fit, just it to show lamp colouration between warm,cool & daylight lamps with the three little pictures there..o_O

PeterK likes this.
  11. PeterK

PeterK Member

Its a real pain I'm limited for space, I could lower the plasterboard down 20mm to give me 100mm space, but I don't think theirs any point.

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Pointless,unnecessary work, just go with slim fittings as linked in Post No3.:)

13. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

The only thing with those slimline ones is they are 4 inches in diameter, GU10s are only 2 (plus the bezel). It will be like going back to 1980s RO80 brass eyeballs.

PeterK likes this.
  14. PeterK

PeterK Member

Yea I know, it isn't ideal but I don't have much choice.