Suspended Ceiling

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by bhwoodcraft, Aug 11, 2014.

1. bhwoodcraft

bhwoodcraft Member

Got job to cost which involves a suspended ceiling....basic stuff..600x600 tiles on grid. All white ...we all see this stuff. Can anyone give me an indicative cost for supply and fit..and anything i should factor in..(area around 40m2..thanks

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

3. bhwoodcraft

bhwoodcraft Member

Thanks Phil...helps with the materials but no idea on labour. Thanks. for the link..

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Can't help you with your question but in case others can, you need to mention where abouts in the country you are

Obviously labour and materials costs vary greatly depending on location

5. bhwoodcraft

bhwoodcraft Member

good point..you always think its a given that your local...cost base Glasgow (that's in Scotland)..:)

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's very easy to fit if you have something to hang the suspension wires from.

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

If not chippie then the OP will need a load of "sky hooks"..............Agreed ? :D

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You can buy sky hooks nowadays :)

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Only if your an apprentice. :p:p

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

11. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Next you'll be telling us that you can buy "a bucket of sparks", "tartan paint" and a can of "elbow grease"

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm good but...

13. Adam F

Adam F New Member

If your looking for material estimates on suspended ceilings or MF ceilings, www.judge-ceilings.co.uk have free to use calculators that will work out your materials and give you a cost.

Cheers,
    Adam