Swan Camera System

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by flateric, Jul 20, 2014.

1. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

One camera system 8 cameras all working well, it was then decided to add an extra monitor into the main shop we used an lg standard 19 inch tv as the extra monitor connected via a 10 meter HDMI lead. All worked fine for about an hour then we had a signal loss to the monitor we tried other leads to no avail, tried the monitor via the VGA .... all worked fine. Does anyone know If the swan system is prone to HDMI output failure or am I missing something in the set up menu ????????????

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

anything over 25ft with HDMI and you'll be needing very very good quality leads - does it work with the monitor adjacent to the unit (using the same lead) - it might be picking up something along the route

3. flateric

No removed the monitor placed next to the unit new lead same problem yet originally it worked fine plugged a dvd into the tv all ok none of us have any other form of HDMI gadget apart from 100 foot square tvs nailed to the walls

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Just quickly Googled and found out that a fair % of Swann stuff does seem to have probs with HDMI outputs and indeed problems with other stuff also Flat.

flateric likes this.
  5. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Chuck the fecking thing in the bin and tell the shop owner to buy some decent CCTV stuff Flat..:rolleyes:

6. flateric

I have some stuff in stock JP but it was swept aside when I said it was well over a grand :( Plus me :) but he has not had the bill for this fiasco yet if he thinks I am going back and forth free of charge he is mistaken :D The meter is ticking

7. flateric

Problem sorted for the moment. Exchanged unit, so far so good I plugged it in and ran off while it was still working :)

8. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you got it sorted Flat. What did you recommend over the Swan mate?

9. flateric

It was just an exchange unit I did not purchase it was supplied by the customer

10. FatHands

ah, right. When you said you had stuff in stock i assumed you would have rather supplied and installed another make?

11. flateric

No it was just pop to maplins and exchange the unit and wait for the next failure

12. FatHands

:D

13. flateric

At the end of the they are not bad for the price :) I can remember a time lapse video was a grand plus :D

14. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Can't say I would ever touch a Maplins CCTV system!

15. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

16. flateric

That's what you are up against, people see a price tag 3-4 hundred squids. Let them buy but if goes wrong charge extra for changing any faulty items :)