Switching 40A Underfloor Heating

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by micktheknife, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

I don't want an argument, I really don't. I ignored it earlier as couldn't be bothered. But......you're wrong. What do you think contactors are for?

He wouldn't want to see the THREE PHASE 32amp and larger supplies feeding huge 50v TXs, feeding wire UFH beneath the screed in frozen warehouses to prevent the cold from freezing and damaging the concrete or the cold causing permafrost. These are controlled with panel mount controllers with low current contacts.

2. Some people in this thread couldn't even grasp how the contactor was working, perhaps they shouldn't be advised in the future

There you go Roy, I think that's you

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

You know that bloke who shows his face occasionally, with the big chip on his shoulder and has an unkempt beard with food bits in it? You know that bloke who has thick earwax poking out of one ear? You know that bloke who has big bushy eyebrows with grey hairs in it? You know that bloke who delights in scraping the barrel for humour? That's you that is.

Cliffy T Brown likes this.
  4. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

Wasn't Who a Doctor, A guessing game, but one might ask Dr Watson to give you a cluedo ;) ;) ??

5. Didn't you used to be a wizard?

6. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

Not sure what i was in a previous life form tbh :)

7. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

lol.....like it UN......Newman and Baddiel at their best !
    You forgot to mention..."the kind of bloke who tucks his string vest and bri nylon shirt into his underpants, under his pyjamas in bed"
    RS

unphased likes this.
  8. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Here's one which is salient to the proceedings:

'You remind me of Edgar Allan Poe's Dupin. I had no idea that such individuals did exist out of stories.'

Dr. John Watson Quote
    -A Study in Scarlet

RS

9. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

glad im not payin the leccy bill to run that!!!!

10. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

It's all relative though.......I wish I could afford a conservatory that size! If you can afford a huge house, afford a lavish conservatory, you can afford to heat it!