tap fittings

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by soulrasta, May 12, 2016.

1. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

I've been trying for ages to get a proper tap connection for a mixer tap for a hose pipe can anyone pls help

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Might be stating the obvious, but why not fit an outside tap?

3. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

I wish I could but I don't know what to do and being here myself doesn't help

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

It's not too hard, there are even kits which are designed to be as painless as possible. Google it to get an idea :)

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

7. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

I'm a bit thick in things like that I don't like using drills

8. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

9. SoulRasta, you can do this...

Look into yer sink unit.

Identify the 15mm copper pipe wot's feeding the cold to your kitchen tap (or the same pipe as it heads to your washing machine).

Buy one of these: http://www.screwfix.com/p/self-cutting-tap-15mm-x/21250

Decide where best to fit it on that pipe where you have good access to it (the fitting itself can rotate so's the 'tap' part is where you want.

Fit it.

Screw a hose connector on t'end: http://www.screwfix.com/p/hozelock-brass-threaded-outdoor-tap-connector/95018

Every time you want to use yer 'ose, chust open your kitchen cupboard door.

10. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

Sorry I still wouldn't do wot to do

11. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

12. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

13. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

A much better way than trying to fit a hose onto a tap spout - and getting teh kitchen wet everytime

14. SoulRasta, see your last photo - the one that shows the 'blue' W/M valve behind the black waste pipe? Well, anywhere on that copper pipe will do.

If you follow the pipe down from that 'blue' valve, it 'tees' into a horizontal copper pipe. That short straight bit to the right of that tee looks accessible enough?

Or, if you follow that pipe around, it bends - are there any sections on there you can get easy access to?

Seriously - fitting one of these 'self-cutting' valves is a doddle - and you'll feel chuffed you've done it.

Just turn off the mains stopcock first! (That baby in your 3rd photo.)

Trying to connect a hose on to a tap spout is sooooo last decade...

15. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

Here's a thought, If you dont want to do it how about getting in someone who does it for a living?
    Think that there called plumbers, Im sure one of them could could just about manage it.

Sorry i know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but this thread is doing my head in

16. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

It's ok Dave, TFI Friday...although I've still got to work tomorrow ;)

17. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

I have tired every thing
    one thing ur not nice thought this was to ask questions not about being sarcastic

18. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

ok thank you I will try that don't want to get moaned at became I'm asking questions

19. No worries.

You'll only get moaned at if you get the answers and then don't act on them ;).

Anyhoo, 'SoulRasta' is a cool name. So act it, man - do some plumbin'... :)

CGN likes this.
  20. soulrasta

soulrasta New Member

it was someone on here that moaned about it and the reason why I'm asking questions is am a woman not a guy and the name soulrasta I'm into ub40 bob marley