Tee Hee!

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by teabreak, May 15, 2017.

1. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

2. Damn - you've chust made me waste at least a half hour... :oops:

3. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

I once gave a cheeky self righteous know it all bad attitude apprentice a handsaw that would struggle to cut butter and told him that for the next two hours he was to cut 4x1 lengths of timber (that happened to be soaking wet) up into 4" squares, told him they were called "waste pads" and that I'd be back in two hours to collect what he'd produce. He was in a foul mood when I got back which was only exacerbated by me collecting up the couple of dozen squares and throwing them in the waste bin in front of him with a warning to change his ethic and attitude or to do one (words to that effect.) I wish I'd had a camera to capture the look on his face when I threw his efforts in the bin, as he didn't know whether to rage, laugh or cry.

teabreak likes this.
  4. facilities

facilities Guest

Many years ago I was working on the 6th floor of a commercial office block, we were have daily deliveries of materials including plumbing tubing, which was usually signed for by the lady on the ground floor reception,

We had a particularly cocky young apprentice so one day we sent him down to the ground floor to ask the lady if the Fallopian Tube has arrived yet, :) that seemed to calm him down for awhile.

teabreak likes this.
  5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

We've all heard them, done them to others and been done ourselves, but it never gets old does it? Tin of L Bow grease, buckets of steam, left handed screwdrivers, the list goes on :)