Terrorist publicity

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by proby, Jan 10, 2015.

1. proby

proby Active Member

Just thinking about the news coverage on the French terror atacks, as compelling to watch as it was, was it necessary to show so much. It just seems that those pictures showing all around the world live give these scum bags the publicity they want. Reading the news this morning the intelligence services noted the chatter on social media going round the world praising them as 'Lions' and marters and presumably urging others to do the same. Might have been better to keep the details a bit sketchy till it was over and not give them their fame.
    Or dose that play into their hands and bring the sensor ship they want?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Dunno Proby, in this technological age we live in, news is pretty much instantaneous. How different from 30 or 40 years ago, when we'd have to wait for the news at ten to relay what was actually yesterdays news (or at least 4, 5 or 6+ hours old) I'm sure intelligence agencies will be watching the chatter on social media and logging the IP addresses of those praising these scum. No doubt these morons will find themselves on a list for future use (and rightly so)

3. It's a fact of our instant-media world.

Ultimately, freedom of speech is what a civilised society deserves and needs, and with that comes the nut cases who lionise these sad, deluded fools.

Education, education, education is the key. And precisely why fundamental Islam tries to destroy education everywhere they go.

chippie244 likes this.
  4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I think we have to consider exactly what "Freedom of speech" means though DA. We all know that freedom of speech in this country, isn't exactly freedom. There are things we cannot mention, things we cannot say. Personally, I don't think we have as much "freedom" as we think we have in this country any more. ;);)

5. A lot of truth in what you say, JJ.

Only a few short years ago it was made a crime to cause offence to religious belief - comedians like Rowan Atkinson were up in arms. They could take the p*** out of almost anything - except religion. The one blatantly phony issue on earth.

Defies belief, that does.

"Thou offendest my right to believe any twittish thing I choose..."

We will not be truly civilised until the norm is to treat the supernatural as precisely what it is - supernatural. Ie - beyond nature and scientific understanding. Ie - doesn't exist.

Because everything that does exist will be within scientific understanding.

joinerjohn1 likes this.
  6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

<<<< Education, education, education is the key.>>>>

education comes from others, some times called brainwashing, these basteerds are listening to the education, but their education, a little knowledge is a bad thing, I'd say,

free mind,free mind free mind is the key, listen, hear, see,smell then make your own mind up of what is right,