The FOG.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ryluer, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Or Festool Owners Group as its otherwise known. Been trying to log on all day and get this....

"Connection Problems
    Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

http://festoolownersgroup.com/
    Are you getting the same?

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Maybe they've sussed you out and banned you. :p:p

KIAB and Welshdragon1 like this.
  3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Its a forum for elite woodworkers who own festool power tools I should add. I have a few works of art displayed on their image section.

4. Phil the Paver

Wanted posters, do not talk to this fool. :D

5. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Tried the link sod all

6. Phil the Paver

You been banned too???, what you been up to :D

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Did you get this....

"Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  8. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

Perhaps they are asking uncle fester for advice

9. Welshdragon1

Iv'e seen this on a few foruns I frequent & or moderate, & it usually means, there is a glitch, maintenance, or a Database backup in progress

10. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

I did.

Ryluer likes this.
  11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Been down for more than a week apparently. I reckon they are dead.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

12. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

Was down yesterday too came back for a short period though

13. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Yeah same error here. Maybe they have packed up or waiting for someone to fix their site?

14. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem. Dense_Tule_fog_in_Bakersfield,_California.jpg

15. Welshdragon1

Not sure if I am peckish

[​IMG]

Or feel like a trip across the globe

[​IMG]

plumber-boy likes this.
  16. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Anyone got any Festool kit? I'm retired,so can't justify it. Is it that good?

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Yes

R.W_Carpentry likes this.
  18. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

Most of their gear is very good, there are a lot of people buying all their stuff regardless of whether it's the best in it's field or not, sort of the apple of the power tool world.
    Their drills for example whilst well made and worth it if you buy into the centrotec system, aren't by any means unrivaled by other manufacturers , a lot of the stuff is worth more to you as you get more as much of it works well together as a system, many tools running off of the tracks for example.
    Their tracksaws are very good ( although I prefer mafells ) as are the routers, dust extraction is a main selling point for them too, the kapex mitre saw is probably the best on the market in terms of effective dust collection when used with a extractor, however cutting accuracy and quality can be matched with other brands.
    The aftersales service is also a big selling point for them, in general they're well above and beyond makita,dewalt etc but I wouldn't say they're best of the best across their entire range.

19. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Most companies have to play catch up with festool. Festool had angle chucks and offset interchangeable chucks for their battery drills 15 years ago. Bosch are only getting around to it now.
    And of course festool have the domino system whilst mafell are still playing around with dowels.
    Though Mafell have an 245mm wide hand held power planer and some scary big hand held circular saws.

20. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Happy days. Its back online again.