The having a great day thread.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by miss pickle, Nov 3, 2015.

1. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

I know what its like when something great has happened and you wanna tell people :D those days when everything is going wonderful and you jump for joy. You've been complemented on your work and are really full of yourself and you think you're the nuts :cool:
    Welcome aboard! Pics or it didn't happen though :rolleyes:
    This is the thread to show off a little :)

Could be something as simple as cleaning your van even. Anything you are proud of.
    Anything that made you feel appreciated, a simple comment from a customer maybe.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. Er, well, there is something... :oops:

On the hot and sunny afternoon of Halloween day, I went down to Westward Ho! beach with ma two dawgs, my daughter and a camera and, er, filmed my other 'alf and her sis doing 'The Strictly' in the waves... :oops::oops:

They are serious fans of the show :oops::oops::oops:. And they really want to go to Blackpool to see the final :oops::oops::oops::oops:. And there's a competition, you see :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:.

And the clip is brill, even tho' I says so masel :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:.

But no-one is gonna see it unless it also gets shown on TV :p.

miss pickle likes this.
  3. miss pickle

Cool :)

4. miss pickle

Just_Cuz_13.gif
    Go Becca go Becca go Becca

smiley-dance001.gif

Oh yeah :D:D:D

She's only gone and done it :rolleyes:

Yeeeeeeehaaaa smiley-dance013.gif

Only 25% of applicants got a place and she did it! banana_smiley_3.gif

CGN likes this.
  5. miss pickle

6. THANK T'LAWD FOR THAT!

That's wonderful.:D

(And we don't have to suffer a meltdown on here... :rolleyes: )

Seriously brilliant news :)

miss pickle likes this.
  7. miss pickle

Awwww cheers Dev :D

Becca actually said to me after we'd done the whole telling the immediate family and her friends thing, can you tell the people on the forum that I got in now :D
    In some ways that's quite sad I know :oops: but she knows I'm not so keen on "real" people and I'm happier on my forum :)

8. You're in luck - no-one on here is real.

9. miss pickle

That's what I thought :) nice and safe :rolleyes: just the way I like it!

10. miss pickle

I don't like it when you do that just one smile thing Dev :D it makes me nervous oh wise one.

11. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

That's bloody brill Miss P. I bet that you and her are dead chuffed. I know how we felt when our daughter got into journalism college. Very happy for you both. :)

miss pickle likes this.
  12. miss pickle

Thanks malkie :) It is sheer relief. My heart has been breaking over many months never mind the last week! When you see your kid out there night after night running in the dark coz the nights drew in and she's left sweating and gasping and going home wondering if it will be enough and then she's back to it after homework holding squats for minutes on end and plank positions and gruesome push ups and gawd knows what else. Plus the pressure of keeping grades up and holding down a Sunday job for a year to gain good references. It chokes me just thinking about it. She has worked so hard for it.
    Today was pretty horrendous and I felt sick knowing that letter was on the table whilst she was at school.
    We actually had a fit of hysterics before she opened it we were laughing our heads off coz I was close to throwing up and becca was shaking. We couldn't open the damn thing!!! When she read it she cried and I thought oh bludyhell she hasn't got in and then I realised it was a happy cry. She couldn't talk!
    I don't EVER want to be put through it again. I wouldn't wish it on a worst enemy.
    The waiting was a horrible experience.

Well done to your daughter too malkie ;)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  13. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Well done.....to both of you!

Andy

miss pickle likes this.
  14. miss pickle

Thanks Andy :D you are now chatting to the mother of the very first female jockey Epsom derby winner you lucky man.

Well you gotta think big smiley-confused013.gif

Hayley turner has just retired :p move over darling ;) my baby is coming through lol.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    malkie129 likes this.