Themostats battery replacement

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by GGem, Apr 5, 2016.

1. GGem

GGem New Member

We have a Timeguard thermostats installed which controls our heating. The themostats needs it batteries (2xAA batteries) replace. According to the manual we need to pull open the battery holder. However, a pipe is in the way which mean I can't fully pull open the battery holder to enable us to replace the batteries.

So how can I change the battery?

Whoever installed the thermostats did not think about the pipings for the boiler.

http://www.timeguard.com/media/1675/TRT037_135x90_Instructions-v2_web.pdf

Sylvain S likes this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I think your only option is to remove the two screws at the bottom of the receiver and remove the front (assuming this will allow the battery compartment to open enough to replace the batteries)

Edit, I'm assuming here that it is the receiver you want to change the batteries in ??

Second edit,, Could be the transmitter, so same as above. ;););)

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

You also might need to pair receiver & transmitter up again,after replacing batteries.

4. There is no batteries in the receiver only the transmitter.
    Cannot see why there would be a pipe in front of the transmitter.

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I did edit the post Deleted member 11267. ;););)

6. It seems to have a conventional backplate, so turn offski the power, slacken orf the two screws on the bottom, and pull it away from the wall at the bottom and lift it orf the backplate.

Renew and replace.

7. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

''However, a pipe is in the way which mean I can't fully pull open the battery holder to enable us to replace the batteries''

:cool:

8. The battery holder is on the left hand side, I understand. So I'm guessing that's where the pipe is too.

The pipe was probably there first :)

9. Why is the transmitter next to the boiler?
    Should be in the hall or living room,that is why I cannot understand a pipe over it.
    The receiver should be next to the boiler and does not need batteries.
    Or have they mounted receiver and transmitter next to boiler.

10. GGem

GGem New Member

Personally we think the Themostats shouldn't be where the electric boiler is. It should be in the hall way. Each room has it own thermostat to control the temperature for each room but the main Themostats controls the general heating.

11. GGem

GGem New Member

Thanks to responses. We did have to unscrew backplate to replace battery.

12. Fit Alkaline batteries and you won't have to do it again for a couple of years.

KIAB likes this.
  13. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Plumbers…little treasures…

Should be buried…:D

leesparkykent likes this.
  14. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

plum.jpg I went to wire up a heating system and found the *** of a plumber ran his new gas pipe like this.

KIAB and Bazza-spark like this.
  15. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

That would look cack with a set round it?

16. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

Yeah so maybe he should of found another route for his pipe lol.