This is handy to control a vac

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Mr Rusty, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Just got one of these and seems to work a treat - pity SF don't stock them

http://tinyurl.com/p9wpvfg

With vac plugged into slave and power tool in master, the vac turns on and off automatically with the tool. seems to work great with my old wet n dry vac.

KIAB likes this.
  2. Now that's a darned fine idea :D

I have one on my PC so that the printer, speakers and screen come on - and go offski - with the pooter, but never thought of your type of use.

Nifty... :)

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have a workshop vacuum cleaner that I use with some power tools that works the same way. You plug the power tool into the cleaner and connect hoses up. Then when the tool starts the cleaner fires up as well.

The german based supermarkets usually sell these every few months and our hosts have one on offer at the moment

http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb431vac-1400w-40ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/39587

quite good at £69.99

May be the wife would like one for Christmas .......

KIAB likes this.
  4. Maybe your wife would prefer you 'alls on a plate.

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

All I would say is about 42 seconds in ..

6. Was it wrong to be aroused by that... :oops:

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Any good, need a new vac for my Makita sander, been looking for something like a Class M vac at a sensible price,missed a cheap Class H Numatic HZQ200 on the bay:(, need one that doesn't blow dust back into room:(, which my old one has started doing.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Haven't tried this one, mine came from LIDL and is really good has a fine filter and paper bags to stop the tiny stuff coming out.

One feature that I hand't realised would be so useful is the ability to suck up liquids, number of times I have used it to empty sinks and sort out after the washing machine or dishwasher sprung a leak.

Could always try this one and if its no good take it back .....