Tile adhesive advice

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Crumbs, May 12, 2017.

1. Crumbs

Crumbs Member

Hi guys,

I am mid way through a tiling job and my adhesive i bought is running out. Now trying to find replacement for it, i cant seem to find it anywhere and now at a loss what to buy. This is what i am using (attached)

It is to go onto a tanked wall, be flexible to an extent and allow me a bit of time to get the tiles on right. That addy has an extended open time which allows me to remove the tile if need be and not have to rush as i am a bit of a novice at tiling and the walls are not the best.

I've had a look on screwfix and the mapei ones now are all quickset, rapid etc, any ideas guys - dont suppose it has to be mapei but the open time would be important as well as able to go onto a tanking membrane. Dont want to place the tile and not have the option to remove it as its set so fast. :mad:

thx guys, appreciate the help :)

Attached Files:

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

3. romangreek

romangreek New Member

you can get lots of different 24 hr set tile adhesive, topps tiles do 20kg bags for about £11.00 there own brand, i prefer webber set but there all good now a days, my advice when installing tiles is to spot dab the tiles in six places and push the tiles onto the wall and level the tile out that way, nice straight tiles and lines throughout

4. Crumbs

Crumbs Member

Its not how quickly it sets bud, its how long the pot life is. Keraflex is 8 hours (tho id say it starts becoming hard to use after 3) - most rapid set stuff is 30 minutes pot life and only 10 mins open time.
    Thanks for the links guys :) i managed to find a supplier online that sells the 5kg bags.