Tile paint

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by eastybeasty, Aug 20, 2014.

1. eastybeasty

eastybeasty New Member

Hi everyone

First post here. I was hoping to get some advice from more experienced people. Ive got bathroom tiles which are looking pretty dated to say the least. I dont really have the money and my husband probably doesnt have the inclination to retile the bathroom. I had a thought earlier, we could maybe repaint the tiles instead.

I had a search on the forums but couldnt find much. Is this a realistic option, how good would it look or am i better shelving the idea until such times I could afford to get the place re tiled? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Wash tiles with something like Flash cleaner and let dry then paint tiles with a high adhesion primer such as Zinsser Bullseye 123. When dry paint over this with an acrylic eggshell which is self undercoating and available in a range of colours.

3. StevieSteve

StevieSteve Member

Never seen any painted tiles that look good, and I've seen a few, been in some rough houses. But I suppose it's all about your personal quality threshold.

4. eastybeasty

eastybeasty New Member

thanks for the thoughts, that has crossed my mind actually about how good it would look, no point spending money for it just to look **** in a different way to before. thanks for the tips astramax, think this is going to involve some more thinking. even if i could see a couple of painted tiles it might help me decide.

5. eastybeasty

eastybeasty New Member

anyone else got any experience of this? i know I'm asking about something that will be fairly subjective but just wondering. I'm also wondering how diffiult tiling is but again that will be pretty subjective too im thinking?

Gatt likes this.