Tile trim

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Jay459, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Jay459

Jay459 Member

once my tiler has finished floors he will be doing my kitchen wall tiles and window cill. What is the best way to transitition round the window cill. I presume I need some kind of corner trim. I also need trim for two small sections to finish to small sections where tiles stop on the wall. Is this a different shape of trim

Kitchen is grey/oak/white with stainless. So I'm thinking stainless trim or perhaps just white trim.

I presume this is the only way to finish this is by using trim

2. StevieSteve

StevieSteve Member

Are you not on speaking terms with your tiler? If so then these are good questions to put to him, re profile and colour of trim required.

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Yo can get polished chrome or satin nickle effect tile trim, they are available as a quadrant or square edge. You will need it to match the thickness of the tile and the tile adhesive bed. usually 9mm-12mm.

Corner trims are not available, instead a standard tile trim is positioned correctly.

4. Jay459

Jay459 Member

My tiler only tiles, he doesn't provide any accessories, adhesive grout etc
    I will look for some trim then, had hopes there was an alternative as dont particularly like the trim, looks cheap

5. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member

Well I for one would not be happy using a tradesman who cannot give you the advice you need to carry out the job he is charging you for.

6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

7. DNR Plumbing

DNR Plumbing Active Member

In a plumber and when I tile I provide all my own adhesive and grout, sealants and trims etc and charge it as part of doing the job about £12/m2 for standard tiles

8. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Really you should have specified what colour trims you were going to provide before any work started. Or agreed to supply your own trims. Everyone has their own personal choice.

10. StevieSteve

StevieSteve Member

"My tiler only tiles, he doesn't provide any accessories, adhesive grout etc"
    Brilliant, quote of the year! Maybe I've been putting too much time and effort into my own work. In future I'll just quote that and have an easy life with little responsibility ☺