Tiling around/behind shower mixer

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by DIYmuz, Jul 25, 2016.

1. DIYmuz

DIYmuz New Member

Hello,

I'm looking for some help regarding my Dad's bathroom which I've agreed to re-tile for him around his bath. At some point I will need to tile on the part of the wall where the thermostatic shower mixer is fixed to. Please could someone advise me how I can tile behind this? Ie- is there anything on the shower valve that I can loosen to bring it away from the wall slightly? Will this involve plumbing (I've done some plumbing in the past but still relatively new to it)?

Any advice much aporeciated!

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Is this an exposed valve, ie sits fully on face of tiles with inlets exposed as well or recesed valve with a circular front plate

A photo of the set up will help on this post and the best option of tackling the job

3. DIYmuz

DIYmuz New Member

Hi DIYDAVE

Here is a photo, hope this helps

Attached Files:

4. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

Needs to come of to tile behind that......and cut the holes the size of the back of the plastic shroud.

5. Marshall Mosby

Marshall Mosby New Member

To re-tile you must be able to remove the round clamps that attach the mixer to the wall.That is you must be able to remove the whole unit shown in the picture. In case you are able to do it, Just cut the tile round near the edge or the center(wherever is the place) with a radius lesser than the clamp so the cut tile doesn't show up when you reattach the clamps. Now retile and then reinstall the unit again. Happy plumbing

6. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

7. Marshall Mosby

Marshall Mosby New Member

Looks like you have done quite a research on this. Thanks for the link