Tiling around electrical accessories

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by unphased, Jul 15, 2014.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Do all of you pro tilers know to tile behind electrical accessory plates? Do you remove the plate yourself to tile behind it? Or do you expect the electrician to remove all the plates before you tile? Or do you tile around the plate? What do you consider to be the norm?

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

all the tilers I know undo the plates and leave um undone, same with rads,sinks,toilet cisterns usual excuse is, the screws too short or they can't find the holes, they expect the plumber or spark to refit the items for nowt, but if you crack a tile they want to charge you ,bunch o twits, o_O

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

oh i see where coming from now unphased,I just read your post on the other thread, you not done much with tilers before?o_O

4. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

No I don't do much work with tilers I see a variety of tiles , most are done correctly with the tiles behind the accessory but if I know the wall is being tiled I leave the plates off and fit them afterwards. I just wanted to know whther the "husband" is a twit. I know she is!

5. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Sounds like a matched pair to me.