Tiling bath panel

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Suze, May 16, 2016.

1. Suze

Suze New Member

sorry to ask advice as a diyer, I would get a professional in but it's a very small job and no one is interested so I though I would give it a good.
    I have a half bath panel that was tiled but was removed to fit taps. It now needs retailing. I have glass mosaic tiles. I understand I need flexible adhesive and was going to get stuff to mix from screw fix. Do I also need a special grout? Any tips on doing this better?
    I can't get a normal panel as its not the full width of the bath, I realise I am making life hard for myself.....

2. StevieSteve

StevieSteve Member

Hello,
    Yes you'll need flexi adhesive and grout. Go for a white adhesive with them been glass mosaics. I'd also recommend getting the mosaic mesh plastic backing (available at Topps tiles, Tile Giant etc). I always use this now and it makes life much easier when doing mosaics.

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Is this a wooden panel ?

Now the tiles have been removed, how clean and flat is the surface that your tiling onto, ie. Is the old tile adhesive still stuck to the panel