Tiling Exterior Porchway

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Vern68, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Vern68

Vern68 Member

Hi Folks,

Tiling the floor and walls (to dado height) of my outside porchway. It's covered, but still exposed to the elements a fair bit.

Floor: All I want on the floor is faux Victorian grey tiles, about 6 inches square. Any ideas on what adhesive and grout I should use? It will get rained on....something slow setting would be handy, as I haven't tiled before.

It's only a square metre, and most of it wil be under the door mat, but I'll try to make it as even and square as I can. I realise these have to be porcelain tiles, as they're outside. Finally, what sort of grout teeth should I use (height)?

Walls: Do the wall tiles have to be porcelain as well? I just want a glazed brick style, but porcelain seems to be very limited in choice. As I said, it'll be mostly covered, so does it really have to be porcelain on the wall as well? Also, can I use the same adhesive and grout as the floor?

Cheers.

(Also posted in tilers forum)

2. Doall

Doall Active Member

10mm for floor 6mm for walls if floor uneven use a self levelling compond as for grout adhesive ship where you buy tiles will give you the correct information regards david

3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Use bagged cement based adhesive. SBR solution before tiling :)

Doall likes this.