Tiling kennel floor

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by Corkyjohn, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

I've found some red anti slip quarry tiles I intend to use for my kennel floor. Can anyone tell me is there a type of grout that would be suitable & would last? Thanks

2. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

I would guess a cement based grout would be perfect.

B J

3. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

Would cement based grout not allow the urine to soak in?
    Just found a thread on a tiling forum suggesting Epoxy grout as its better hygienically, among other things, for kennels. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  4. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

I think you will get **** stains in most grouts whether it says it on the bag or not. Might be better with a hard wearing vinyl flooring or similar.

5. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

I did look at the epoxy resin for floor use, but not sure how good it is

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Resin grout is good and relatively stain resistant, but it is much harder to work with than a cement based grout, if your worried about staining, you will have to get in there and clean it out every day, using something like Jays fluid.

7. Corkyjohn

Corkyjohn Member

My kennels are disinfected daily, problem with concrete is the floor rarely dries out over the winter thanks to the weather...especially in the north. Gonna slope the floors into drainage channel